Sunday, August 22, 2010

We have furniture!

Yay!!!!
Our furniture was delivered on Friday, and we love it!! After a slight ordeal (oil/ grease from the elevator dripped on one piece, so we sent it back w/ the delivery guys, and then we decided we like the furniture how it is w/o that one piece so... we just returned it and got some money back- all in all a blessing in disguise) So now, its all in place.
On our way back up to Schaumburg (to get our money back from the couch piece) we stopped at Super Dawg for lunch. Its similar to Dog N' Suds in L-town, except this place is obviously known for its Chicago style hotdogs. We saw it on Rachel Ray and since we knew we were going in that direction anyways, we decided to stop. Plus... I wanted to see the giant hotdogs on the roof in person! :)
Mom and Dad came up for a visit today b/c they haven't seen our new apartment yet. We had lunch with them and walked around for a bit. They did us a huge favor by bringing up Kelsi's old couch, that I am going to put in my classroom, and taking back the futon so Kelsi can use it in her next place. Enjoy it Kels!!

I go back to school tomorrow for teacher days... so this is officially my last day of summer. :( I hope all of my teacher friends out there had a great start to their school year, I can' t wait to hear all about it!


3 comments:

Ellen said...

looks great Jackie! (and Alex)

Jackie said...

Thanks El!

Unknown said...

You need a new post!