Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to School, Back to School

Well... not quite yet, but its getting close. Yesterday, Alex and I moved all of my school things from the storage unit into my classroom. Then today, I went back and started unpacking it all- BOO! I'm glad I've gotten a head start on it, but there is still a lot left to do. Teachers go back on Monday, but the kids don't come back until Sept. 7. So, I still have some time to get things exactly how I want them, if that's even possible.
Since we have returned from Costa, its been nice just to hang out with each other in our apartment, we really haven't had this opportunity since we moved in (you know with the Bar and wedding and all).
Last Friday, my good friend Stacey (who I taught kinder w/ my first year up here) got married, so we went to her wedding which was out in the suburbs. It was soooooo nice! It was our first "Chicago wedding". The church was more Indiana-ish, it was super cute and out in the country. Then we get to the reception and that was definitely more Chicago-ish- very swanky and super nice! We had a blast talking with some of my other co-workers and dancing to her new husband's fav... Garth Brooks! :) No complaints from this girl!
On Sunday we made a trip to our... or maybe just my, favorite suburb Schaumburg. We went living room furniture shopping, returned some duplicate gifts at BB&B, bought our pots and pans, and got a few other things from our registry we were needing, and of course visited IKEA. Well, we found a sectional we really liked, but weren't quite ready to make the plunge for yet. So we thought about it for a few days then went back on Tuesday to buy it. We are soooo excited. It will be delivered tomorrow (b/c they luckily had it in stock). We can't wait. And while we were at IKEA we purchased a coffee table, which we love! Our little place is definitely starting to come together.


Mr. and Mrs. Stinson lighting the unity candle.

The reception sight.

Me and the stunning bride.

Our new duvet cover courtesy of Alex's aunt, uncle, and cousins. This was waiting for us when we got back from Costa, and I recall jumping up and down when we opened it up. :)

Our amazing pots and pans. We love them!! Its not often a newlywed couple will have an argument over who gets to cook dinner, but we do now that we have these awesome pots and pans, plus its one argument I don't mind "letting" him win. :)

I'll post pictures of our new furniture once its here and arranged. Plus, more Costa picts- Alex keeps putting off making the Mobile Me album of all of our picts.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Sounds like things are finally starting to come together for you guys! LOVE the duvet! Super cute! Can't wait to come up and see it again....let's plan a date.

LauraSuz said...

Congratulations on the wedding! I hope you guys have many many years of happiness.

And I LOVE your pots and pans!

Standeford Stories said...

Loving the duvet! Good pick on that one, very modern chic. We have the same pots and pans & we love them. Never, ever do you have sticking anything. Only downside is they arent dishwasher safe & dont use metal utensils on them or the warranty is void. We could use a few more of the same kind, but we'll wait until we get a few more kids under the wings-those pans arent cheap!

Jackie said...

Thanks for all the comments and advice on the pots and pans. We have made sure NOT to use metal utensils on them. :)