Thursday, June 9, 2011

Camping Fun

Last weekend we went up to Northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border to go camping with our good friends Stacey and Nick for Nick's birthday. We went up Friday after work and stayed until Sunday. We had perfect weather and had a blast! It was our first time to be outside and catch a small tan to start our summer.
Friday, like I said we headed up there after work, so we didn't get up there until about 7:30 p.m. Which means, we still had to go to the grocery store and set up parts of "camp", so we didn't end up eating until well after dark. And what happens when you have any food out when its dark?? Oh yes... raccoons! Well... raccoon.
I heard him or her (luckily never got close enough to figure that out) sneaking around, and when I said this to everyone else they replied "Oh, its just the wind"... then I heard it squeaking (probably calling all its pals over) and we shined the flashlight in that direction. Sure enough, its two little bright eyes were staring back at us.
Well, I screamed and ran into Stacey's jeep when she quickly followed me. The boys went over to scare it away. We stayed in the car for about 5 minutes just to make sure it was safe. We all got settled again around the fire... and then... "He's baaaaack". And basically repeat everything that happened the first time. Except, this time I had had enough and was pretty tired. So, Alex got me a blanket (and Nick for Stacey) and we (Stacey and I) slept in the car- until her alarm woke us up at 5 and then we got in our tents. haha I guess I'm not really one for nature.
However, the next night I DID sleep in the tent the whole time.
But, other than our visitor- we had a great time! This might even turn into an annual event.

As for this weekend, not too many plans. I took tomorrow off because I had one more day to use before the end of the year.. and its use em' or lose em'... so I used em'!
9 more days left of school and then back at it August 1st because we are switching to a year round calendar.
The week of the 4th we are planning to take a vacation to Nashville for a few days and then down to Florida. I'm excited to visit Nashville and then hang on the beach for a few days.

That's pretty much all for now! Happy weekend!

No comments: