Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Big 2-6

Today is Alex's 26th birthday and he is happily off golfing with his buddies Lucas, Fife, and Nick for the day. We went to dinner last night to an Italian restaurant on Michigan Avenue that sent us not one, but two $25 off coupons for living in the neighborhood. Wahoo! It was really good too! Alex got a special that night, risotto with scallops, and I got a the chicken parmesan. Mmmmm... Both were very tasty. Scallops are pretty much my favorite thing ever, so of course I had to sample what he got. Our appetizer was tasty too, fried calamari with hot cherry peppers, plus we enjoyed a few beverages as well. We'll definitely be heading back there sometime before the end of June (when they expire) to enjoy again.
Not too sure what the exact plans are tonight, but I think we are getting together with everybody again to go out... not sure where... but I think that's what he has in mind.
Wednesday, we made a trip to GolfSmith to get him a new golf bag. He has had his eye on it for awhile. Below is a picture of him this morning before he left, posing with his new bag.


___________________________________________________
The weather this past week has been nice, but strange... I've left work several times with the sun out and warm, then as I drive home (closer to the lake) the temps drop and this thick fog is blanketing the city. Below are some picts of my drive down Lake Shore.

Going over the Chicago River, looking into the city.

I promise, Navy Pier is there somewhere....

Normally, you would see several tall buildings, but this just looks like a drive down 231 back at home.

No comments: