Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kayleigh Marie

On Friday, June 17 my bestie gave birth to her and her husband's first child, Kayleigh Marie. I was ecstatic and extremely emotional. haha Kayleigh was a few days early, so Alex and I were not intending on going home over the weekend, but since she arrived... we had to make the trip.
Little Kayleigh was having a tough time at first, but seems to be doing soooo much better. Brandy was running a temperature during labor which caused Kayleigh to get an infection of some sort. They kept her in the NICU and she will be there until Thursday (last report I heard). It was incredibly sad that no one could really hold her (especially for her mom and dad), but I am so relieved that she is doing so well now and will soon be home. I can't wait to see her again when she is out of the hospital and living at home with her parents... exactly where she should be.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. I am one very proud and excited Auntie! :)


The beautiful momma! She looks so great after the past few days she has had!!


Here's our girl!

She was so alert when we were visiting her in the NICU.

Little hands...
Little feet... with loooong toes! :)

Welcome to the world Baby Kayleigh! I am so excited for all of the memories yet to come!
_______________________________________________________________
For the past few weeks at school we have been doing an "ABC Countdown". Each day has had a theme that goes with a letter of the alphabet. A- Art Day, B- Book Day.... you get the point. Well, today was U- University Day. So of course, I had to represent and force my 32 students to as well. I sported a Purdue t-shirt and the kids all made hats. Here are some pictures of what they made...



Just imagine this x 32.... awesome! I think we have some future Boilers in the making. I even got them doing the "Boiler Up!" cheer. haha

We're off to O-HI-O for the weekend to visit Brad in Toledo and then to Wooster to see the Williams! Super excited about the trip and all of the shananigans that will happen. haha Great way to start my summer vacation!!





No comments: