Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Fun

I am finally on my summer break and enjoying this time off!  Its been pretty busy so far since I spent most of the first week unpacking boxes and getting us situated into our new apartment.  We really like it so far- we have a lot more space and a washer/ dryer in our unit!! Dare to dream!!  Things are slowly, but surely coming along- I'll post some pictures once we have it a little more put together. 

Like I had said before in a post, June was quite an eventful month for us this year.  Below are some pictures of Miss Kayleigh's first birthday party that we went home for over Father's Day weekend.  We were so excited to be apart of this special day! 


 1-12 month pictures 

 Soo precious!
 Awesome cake that perfectly matched the invitations. 
Kayleigh is one!!


During the last week of school we had "Springfest" for all of the kids.  This year the school rented a dunk tank so the kids who met their end of the year goals could get a chance to dunk their teacher.  Well, that's me... a sitting duck!  The first one of my kids up... on his first throw... right on the mark!  It was a lot of fun- and they had a blast!

This past weekend Brandy and some of her friends she use to teach with came up for a weekend in the city.  I had a blast hanging out with them and getting to show them a few fun places we like to visit... and they showed me a few places where they like to shop... looking forward to my next birthday and maybe I can go on a shopping spree at Tory Burch.  Wishful thinking....
We had a blast and I can't wait for their next visit- I'd be happy to be a tour guide anytime they want!

We don't have too many plans this week, other than trying to still put the apartment together.  Next week I'll be heading home to participate and help out with Brandy's neighborhood garage sale.  I have several things I am ready to part with.

July will be a little more low key than June.  We have a trip planned to Nashville for the end of the month and then its back to school time....

No comments: