Monday, December 20, 2010

Its Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas...

I am officially on Winter Break!! WAHOO! Two weeks of vacation that was desperately needed!
We had a busy weekend getting ready for Christmas and traveling to LaPorte to do Christmas with Ryan, Shan, Hunter, and Kirsten.
Saturday we went to Schaumburg to basically start and finish our Christmas shopping. Of course we had to make a stop at our favorite store IKEA. I think Alex is starting to love this store even more than me. He was insisting we get a new chair. We've had a desk chair in our living room since we moved here and he was tired of it, so we got a new chair as well.
Sunday, we went to LaPorte for our early Christmas with Ryan, Shan, and the kiddos. We had a good time chatting and catching up.
This week I plan on crossing off some things on my to do list such as: cleaning, doing a few things for school, wrapping the rest of the presents, making banana bread, and watching the first season of Glee! haha A lot of people I work with watch it and are always talking about it, so I am intrigued. We've watched a few of the latest episodes, but because I don't know their back stories, I feel slightly lost. I also plan on starting the 4th and final book of the Twilight series. I still haven't seen Eclipse, so hopefully that will make it off of my list as well.

Currently, I am watching Oprah's Favorite Things show.... and definitely wishing I was in that audience. Coach purses, Ugg boots, iPads..... yes please!

Anyways, we are heading back home on Thursday for Christmas, but we have to come back to the city on Sunday since Alex works again on Monday. We leave for the east coast next Thursday and are really looking forward to getting away for a few days with some good friends. Then its back to the grind! Hopefully this break goes by slowly so I can enjoy my break because there won't be another long one until the end of April.

I really love having a kid in my class who's parents own a bakery!! :) YUMMO!

The new chair. This would make a great chair for a nursery, just a little tip for all my friends who are mamas to be. (It comes in many different colors. )

Winter Wonderland created by Hunter and Kirsten.

Mr. Hunter opening up his gifts. Go Boilers!

Dad and his new Calvin Johnson jersey.

Kirsten opening up her Disney princess dolls from Alex and I. (I think this pose means she liked them.)

Josie Girl hanging out with her favorite guy!

The awesome snowman Shan got for us. She orders it from a ceramic store, then she goes in and paints it! She made one last year for my parents and I loved it, this year we got one!

All lit up!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Can I say, I LOVE GLEE! It's cheesy and corky at times but I love the singing!