Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bridal Shower and Moving

We officially get the keys to our new place on Thursday, so I took the day off to start getting things prepared.
I'm going to go down there that morning, sign all the necessary paperwork and then get to work on the place. I plan on doing some cleaning and getting shelf paper in until Al gets out of class and then we will start taking over the things we can live w/o for a week.
I'm excited for the move, I just need to make it through tomorrow. My school is having their annual Summer Reading Kickoff, which is basically an outdoor field day that is based around literacy activities- this year we are holding it at Toyota Park, which is where the Chicago Fire play.
The kids are really excited, and it should be a lot of fun.... very exhausting though. The weather is supposed to be 80 and sunny... hopefully this rain we have been experiencing these past few days is over.
My bridal shower was this past weekend, and I had a great time! My mom, Brandy, Als' mom and sister, aunts, cousins, grandma all put in a ton of work- and I truly appreciate every ounce of it!! It was a great day, and I got to see a lot of family and friends I haven't seen in awhile.
The day is approaching faster and faster and I am ready for it. Still a few minor things to take care of, but I plan on tackling all of those in July when I am officially on vacation. I am definitely ready for my 7 weeks of summer- only 7 more days w/ the kiddos.

No comments: