Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Look

I was inspired by Rox to give our blog an updated look. WOW! Soooo many options, super fun, and totally addicting. Who knew? I hope to update it some more next week when we get our engagement pictures back, plus I like playing around on the new computer.
So, yesterday I declared my residency in Illinois... yep, I went and got my driver's license and new plates. I went last week and got the book so I could be a little prepared for the written test. It was pretty easy, but I am definitely glad that I studied a little. I'm a little sad that I will no longer have my Purdue plate though. :(
Alex and LBC just took off for an afternoon/ evening at LollaPalooza (the annual music fest here in Chicago). Crazy hot day for it today and tomorrow! Yikes! Its in the 90's and ridiculously humid! That kind of humidity when you walk outside it hits you in the face and just about takes your breathe away. My fellow L-towners know how that goes. Good ole' midwest weather, it doesn't get any better.
On the upside, we leave for Mackinac in just a few days! I can't wait. I've been looking at the weather and although its a little early to tell probably, they are calling for mid 70's and sun! Yay!
I'm thinking about running to Office Depot and buying an office chair, since right now I've been stealing Al's to sit at my desk. Just the beginning of a lifetime of sharing and compromises. :) I also need to get started on some planning and things for the upcoming school year. I've been enjoying my vacation, but I think I'll be glad to go back. I get a little stir crazy.
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: