Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I don't think I've spent this much time checking blogger and facebook in a long time! I'm beginning to get really bored! Thank goodness Alex and I leave tomorrow for a little vaca time. He is going to a Phish show tonight with LBC, Hank, and Brad. But, then we'll be up bright and early to begin our long drive to the UP.
I spent a good majority of the day yesterday buying things for my classroom. Last year everything was just super fast and I didn't have a lot of time to think about how I wanted to do things, so this year with a little experience and preparation time I've had time to think. I'm going to do a frog theme this year. I bought these cute name tags (for their desks) at the Dollar Tree and they have frogs on them, so that was my inspiration to go with a frog decor in my room. I got online to Carson and Dellosa and bought lots of frog things like the cut outs, "Hoppy Birthday" poster set, decorations, etc. I also went to the teacher store up here and bought a cursive alphabet (ohhh, awwww!) and a word families set.
As far as Alex goes, today was his last day of his externship. He's been working quite diligently on a paper for it for the last 3 weeks or so, I think he has one more round of editing and then it should be finished. He'll have a few days of a relaxing summer break and then its back to school.
Good luck to all of my Indiana teacher friends who start this week!

No comments: