Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold Blows the Wind

Woke up this morning, to -25 degree windchill and it is -9 at this moment. High -1.   What better way to welcome in these cold temperatures...a good shave.  I know most of you had seen this monster growing, but I kind of feel sad that it is gone.  Kind of like those movie and TV scenes where it becomes blurry and white around the edges, music, and highlights of the time we spent together.  12 hour bar crawl, rubbing it in OT for luck, stroking it for inspiration during my finals. Oh the memories.  Anyways, it is gone and I look somewhat normal again (if 5 years younger is normal).  Not a whole lot going on in Chicago (probably why I am blogging).  I had a pretty good semester, but there is always that one grade that you feel that you should have done a little bit better on.  Still enrolled and pushing on through.  Halfway mark.  I have done absolutely nothing since Jackie and I came back to Chicago.  Bought some books, had a meeting at school, and have been consumed in one video game.  Somewhat ready to get back to the grind of reading all day.  On second thought.  Last weekend came home and played some poker at Brandy and Kyle's house.  Great party and time but the poker did not go so well.  Did not really expect much though.  Jay is coming up this weekend for an interview.  Sounds like he is doing Top Chef.  He gets there and is told to make something. Probably pretty intense.  Jackie, Allison, LBC, and I are going to see Gene Ween solo at a tiny bar on 1/31 (not that anyone really knows who that is).  Should be sweet. Have some beverages and just hang out. There is only 1.5 months until LBC, Brad, Wes, and I go to Virginia for Phish.  Going to be here before we know it.   That's about all going on with me. Hope everyone is well.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Standeford Stories said...

Sad to hear about parting with the monster...where are the 5 year younger pictures? Jay is really doing top chef? Thats awesome!-I might have to actually watch the show! Hope all is well...Indiana isnt much warmer -7 currently. See you guys soon!

Jackie said...

No Rox. His interview was "top chef esc" not the actual Top Chef! haha He was told to make a certain kind of meal and he had to do it on the spot... haha! You're sooo funny! Love the new hair- I'm glad you guys had fun out in AZ!