Sunday, October 5, 2008

My First Actual Blog...

We will see how this goes.  Jackie and I have been pretty busy over the last couple of months.  She is doing extremely well teaching, even though it is a little taxing.  The classroom part of it is great, but all the surrounding circumstances seem to cause the headaches.  I have just been trucking through school and branching out a little more with extra curricular activities.  I am on the Negotiation Team, which is kind of like a debate team on some levels (go ahead and make your jokes), but I actually find it interesting.  Wanting to go into transactional law, I feel that negotiations are going to be something I do a considerable amount of the time.  Plus, we go to St. Louis and then possibly Boston.  I am starting a Corporate and Securities Law Journal at the school (currently working through the steps), and I am starting to make some important contacts with the faculty at the school.  Law school and being a lawyer is all about who you know, which I guess that pretty much goes for most everything in life.  Cubs blew it...  Can't win the World Series when you don't act like you want to be in the playoffs.  Oh well, what can you do.  On the brighter side... the Bears are starting to look really solid.  I used to doubt KO (all from the Wisconsin fumble), but when he has won 14/19 starts, I cannot complain.  Bears should be 5-0, but the Packers suck and Bears are first in the division.  Hope everyone is well and I will try to do this more often.  Kind of enjoyed it....

No comments: