Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pinterest

Well, it happened. Against all of my best efforts.... I'm addicted to Pinterest. Because I am on spring break for the next TWO weeks I had to find something to occupy my time with. I've been finding great things for school, our apt (more like future, one day, someday, hopefully sooner rather than later... house), recipes, etc.
I've already made one of the recipes I have found for salsa, and a bracelet that is made out of buttons. I tried tackling a project for the apartment where I spell out our last name on wooden plaques with decorative scrapbook paper and such, but the local JoAnn Fabrics didn't have everything I needed. So, I'm waiting on this weekend when we go home so I can go to Hobby Lobby. Yes, those back at home or in suburban communities... be grateful for all of those simple pleasures you have, like craft stores WITH PARKING.
Here's some pictures of my button bracelet. First try, but I don't think it turned out too bad. And... it was pretty easy!
We kicked off my first week of spring break (as well as my birthday week) with brunch at Table 52. It is a southern restaurant owned by Art Smith (often seen on Food Network, Top Chef, etc) right down the street from us. It was awesome! I had crab cake eggs benedict and Alex had chicken and waffles. Both were very yummy, then we also got their hummingbird cake, which is like a vanilla spiced cake. Very tasty!
So, because we were in the southern mood that day... Alex decided he wanted to make a southern meal for dinner (which was also on the brunch menu), shrimp and grits. I was truly impressed with how it turned out! Very, very good.... and he can make it again whenever he wants!

Grits mixed with cheddar cheese and spicy shrimp. Yum-O!

Then I made homemade banana bread (since we had about 10 frozen bananas in our freezer). This time I kicked it up a little with some cinnamon butter.

This is what I do on my breaks, I get very domestic for a few weeks.... cooking, cleaning, crafts... too bad it doesn't last when I'm working. haha

Brandy and Kayleigh are coming up here for the day on Friday. I'm very excited to see them and show Kayleigh around. I'm sure she'll remember it all! Then, we'll be back home for Easter and its one more week of vacation. Can't complain about that! :)

No comments: