Friday, August 19, 2011

Working for the Weekends

Apparently I am in the habit now of blogging about things a week after they happen. What can I do? The weeks are pretty busy now!
Last weekend we had probably one of the most touristy/ sight seeing weekends we have ever had living here in Chicago.
Saturday night we went to the Bear's pre-season game vs. the Buffalo Bills. Alex's good friend Lucas got 4 tickets from his boss and he generously offered two of those to Alex and I. So, it was me and the boys at the Bear's game. No complaints here... it was a blast!!

Sunday, my parents came in to town to visit. We all went out to breakfast at a restaurant called Yolk near our apartment. This place was AWESOME! Great food, big portions, and well priced! We will definitely be going back! After breakfast we walked down to Michigan Avenue to buy tickets to go on an architecture boat tour on the Chicago River. This is something I have been wanting to do for awhile now, and I am so glad we did. It was AWESOME as well! I highly recommend this to anyone visiting the city. It was $26 a person (maybe a little pricey, but the original one I looked at was $35, so I was happier with this price). The tour guide was entertaining and gave us a lot of info about the city. The tour was 75 minutes, and you go north and south on the river, then they take you out toward Lake Michigan where the river basically begins. Below are a bunch of pictures from the day.

Marilyn has a new home on Michigan Avenue now.


Trump Tower from the river below.


Willis (Sears Tower)


Dad, Mom, and I


Alex and his in-laws


Skyline view


Mom and Dad






Great weekend! This weekend won't be as exciting... tomorrow I am doing a few home visits with my student's families and that pretty much sums up all of my plans. This weekend is the air and water show, so we may catch a glimpse of that.

No comments: