Monday, July 18, 2011

Daytona

I've been a bad blogger because we have been super busy! I feel that I'm about 3 blogs behind so here it goes...
We got back about a week ago from our trip to Nashville and Daytona Beach. We had a great time escaping the midwest, seeing new things, and enjoying the summer weather.
While in Daytona we spent most of our time on the beach. When it would rain we went and saw movies: Transformers 3 and Horrible Bosses. It was just great being in Florida- I love Florida. I haven't been there since college and having to leave made me really sad. :(
Here are some picts from our stay in Florida.

View of the ocean from our balcony. There was a storm coming in so they began clearing the beach.
Alex out on the boogie board.
Me out jumping waves.
The hotel we stayed at
The crowd on the beach when Atlantis took off. We were about 40 minutes away from Cape Canaveral, but we were still able to see the flames from it. Which was really cool! About two minutes later we could hear it, sounded a little like thunder, but I'm pretty sure it was the sound finally reaching us. We tried taking pictures, but it disappeared into the clouds too fast.

No comments: