Monday, November 1, 2010

Visitors

This past weekend we had some very special visitors. The Withers came to the big city, and I HOPE we convinced Kyle that this place really isn't all that big and scary. But, then again maybe not.
We spent the weekend eating at some of our favorite places like Flat Top, Cali Pizza Kitchen, and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory. Other than eating (haha-which is what we do best), we went to the Shedd Aquarium. Alex and I haven't been there in several years, so it was nice to go back. Plus, one more perk of being a teacher.... I got in free with my school ID. Wahoo! That saved us $26. (Which is pretty steep).
I have a very short week of "days w/ kids" at school this week. Tomorrow is a professional development day, so my 32 little kiddos get the day off and I get to go sit in meetings (sooo not fair). Then on Thursday I took the day off because Alex gets sworn in. It will be Friday before I even know it, wahoo! Not that I am wishing away days, but I do enjoy the weekends. :)
October was definitely a busy month for us, and November seems to be a little more relaxed, which we are OK with!
The job hunt is still in full swing, even though he has had a couple of interviews-which makes the process a little better. The worst is when you apply, and apply, and apply and get no response. Our fingers are crossed and we would appreciate any positive thoughts you could send our way. Its definitely tough out there!
Congrats to all of the mothers, who either just delivered or are anxiously awaiting the big day, out in our blogging world. We are so excited for you and your growing families!!

No comments: