Saturday, April 24, 2010

Poetry Slam and Field Trip

The First Annual 2nd Grade Poetry Slam was a success! Phew.... We put a lot into it, and it turned out well. Our turn out was great and I think everyone had a great time. Hopefully, we'll be able to do it again next year- and hopefully it will be a little less stressful for the 2nd grade team! :)
This was our set up in the cafeteria. The mugs were courtesy of me (thanks to my wonderful overhead and clipart), and our permanent sub at the school made the awesome sign.
Friday all three classes went to Brookfield Zoo. We had a great time! Below are some pictures of a few animals. My personal favorite was where the monkeys are held. It is really neat because you travel through several continents to see the different types of monkeys. (This is shown in the first 2 pictures).
An anteater in the monkey house...


I believe this was the South America part of the monkey house.


It was a fun few days at school, and I was exhausted last night when I got home. On a Friday... in bed and asleep at 8:30!! Ahhhhh!!!

Alex and I did a little apartment hunting today. We were basically told (by the few people we talked to) that we were looking too early. :( But... what these people don't know is we don't really have any time to do this come mid-May. We need a place ASAP! So the hunt continues and that is just one more thing to have on my plate.
One more week of April, I can't believe it!


No comments: